EXTERNAL ADVERT NO. 1 OF JUNE 18 2018
Access Global Ltd (AGL), is a private limited company incorporated in Uganda with certificate no. 95756 of February 05, 2008. The Company works to improve health commodity security and supply chain management in Uganda, UN agencies and other developing countries through Research and Consultancy. AGL aspires to become a top-rated research & consultancy firm in supply chains for health through a team of researchers and consultants with diverse background including Pharmacy, Public Health, Procurement and Supply Management, Monitoring and Evaluation and Social Research.
AGL is currently undergoing transformation from a local consultancy firm to an internationally known center of excellence in research and consulting on pharmaceutical supply chains. AGL, now invites interested persons ready to work with a motivated team and meets the minimum job requirements to submit detailed applications for the position of Partner Business Development.
Applications should bear the title of the position with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating names and addresses of three referees one of whom should be work based. A recent passport size photograph, photocopy of the National Identity Card Number, applicants’ daytime telephone contact and photocopies of all academic certificates/testimonials.
The applications should be addressed to the Lead Partner – AGL, P.O Box 631, Mukono, Kampala or sent via email Director@accessglobal.co.ug and should reach not later than Monday 16th July 2018 at 4:00p.m. Applicants who send via email should ensure that attachments are sent as a single document.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT UNIT
Post: Partner Business Development
Reporting To: Lead Partner
Job Purpose: Responsible for market positioning by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conduct market research in pharmaceutical supply chain industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments
- Analyze business processes of the Company – Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities
- Screens potential business deals (New leads) by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials, evaluating options, resolving internal priorities, and recommending investments
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations
- Offers customer service through administering contracts and agreements with different partners and shareholders
- Engages in sponsorship and fundraising activities for the Company
- Keeps up to date with local and overseas research and consultancy related events, exhibitions and festivals in pharmaceutical supply chain and related industries
- Manages the portfolio of existing partners, sponsors and customers
- Participates in budget planning exercise for the organization
- Prepares and submits proposals and recommendations to management on business development
- Coaches and mentors the business unit team to help realize their developmental potential and identify additional training needs where necessary
- Creates long-term relationships within AGL and external including Government Authorities like URA, NDA and Ministry of Health that deliver long-term benefits to the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or International Business or related field from a recognized university or institution
- Possession of Post graduate qualification in similar field will be an added advantage
- Should have a minimum of 3 years working experience, one (1) of which should be at Managerial/Leadership level in a research and consulting firm
- Experience working in a start-up or with new business development will be an added advantage
- Ability to create business plans with actionable objectives
- Networking skills to liaise with business partners and clients
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills
- Excellent dissemination, publication and public relations skill
- Interpersonal, human relations and team management skills
Download: External Advert No. 1-2018 _ June 18